Hair is also an important part in the body. And it is also one of the evaluated points of human beauty. Even many people do not trust shampoo or chemically made hair products, it is possible to make them by using ordinary products from your own kitchen, so that you know what you are putting on your head. A wide variety of foods that you eat almost every day can reportedly be used for treating damaged hair.
And of course, if you hair is not healthy enough, you will get some common symptoms such as hair loss, dry hair, dandruff and so on.Hare are some suggestion for healthy hair you the best natural home remedies for healthy hair care which you can follow to make your hair healthier.
How often you need to wash your hair depends primarily on the type of hair you have. Typically dry hair requires washing every second or third day; fine and oily hair needs to be washed every day; and normal hair should be washed every other day. Try to experiment with the schedule to see how your hair reacts. I need to wash my hair every 2 to 3 days and I stick to this schedule no matter what happens.
Use small circular motions to massage scalp and stimulate blood flow. As hair is dry, use a hydrating shampoo. Fine and oily hair requires clear shampoos, while normal hair can adapt to just about any kind of shampoo. Use a hydrating conditioner and apply it from the roots to the tips to ensure hair looks soft and glossy after washing.
WET HAIR CARE:
Wet hair is very fragile and breaks easily. When wet, the shaft and roots of your hair are more prone to sustaining damage. Don’t be too harsh when shampooing. Breakage begins there. And also avoid brushing immediately after a shower. If you have to then use a shower cap instead.
SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER:
Choose a shampoo and a conditioner from the same line as it has a similar formulation. These are made for a specific hair type and a specific purpose. It will show better results when you use a single line instead of two individual products.
OIL THE SCALP:
Oil your hair as frequently as you can and use a gentle shampoo or home made to get rid of the oil. Oiling the scalp is good for your hair. But do not over do it. Dripping oil from your hair will only need you to use more shampoo which strips out more of your natural oils no matter how mild it is.
AVOID TIGHT HAIR:
Avoid using super tight hair ties; instead, opt for scrunchies with cloth around them. Tight hair ties tend to pull your hair back real tight which increases friction. This can cause breakage.
Health on the inside reflects on your hair too. The healthier you are, the better your hair looks. If you want to have really good and healthy hair, eating right is a must. Certain nutrients like vitamins, iron and proteins are essential for your hair growth and health. If you are unable to obtain enough from your diet, then you need to consider supplements. A good diet for hair will also boost your confidence to stay healthy and smart.
AVOID WASHING HAIR WITH HOT WATER:
Hot water can actually strip your hair of protective oils that serve as a natural conditioner. By washing hair with lukewarm water you will prevent losing any natural shine from you hair and will avoid dull hair.
RECIPE FOR HEALTHY HAIR:
1) The combination between egg yolk, olive oil with vitamin E is a very good hair treatment if you want to have healthy hair. First prepare three eggs, a teaspoon of olive oil as well as three drops of vitamin E
Now take three egg yolks out
Then mix them thoroughly with olive oil and vitamin E and apply on scalp
After that, leave it on for about 10 minutes
Finally, wash off and shampoo your hair
Follow this method at least once a week
1) You can also make a hydrating hair mask by mixing two tablespoons of wheatgerm oil with half of a ripe mashed avocado. Apply this hair mask on freshly shampooed hair and allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes. Rinse your hair thoroughly
2) You can make a natural conditioner at home with just two ingredients. Blend a ripe banana and honey. Make sure there are no fine pieces in the banana, else it might stick to your hair and become hard to remove. Apply on the lengths of hair, concentrating on the tips. This will help prevent split ends and frizzy hair.
TREAT YOUR DANDRUFF:
Boil some neem leaves in water and rinse your hair with it to treat dandruff problems. Also, you can grind methi seeds soaked in water and apply the paste to scalp.
THE FRIEND OF HAIR:
Avocado can also be used to get thicker hair as it moisturizes and adds body to your hair. Plus, the vitamin E in this fruit contributes to the overall health of the hair shaft.
Mashed one avocado, one mashed banana and one tablespoon of olive oil. Make a paste, and Massage it on your scalp and leave the mixture on your hair for about 30 minutes ,nutrients will be absorbed by the scalp. Finally, rinse it out and shampoo your hair.Use avocado hair masks once a week.
Diabetes is a very common disease or disorder of metabolism. It is a complex group of diseases triggered by various causes. People with diabetes have high blood glucose, also known as high blood sugar or hyperglycemia.
Type I diabetes:
Type I diabetes usually occurs in people who are below the age 20 and that is why it is also called as juvenile diabetes. In this type, the body becomes partially or completely unable to produce insulin. Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease. In this, your immune system attacks the pancreas from where the insulin is produced, thereby making the pancreas inefficient or unable to produce insulin. Type I diabetes cannot be prevented, it can only be controlled with healthy lifestyle changes.
Type II diabetes:
Type II diabetes is more common than Type I diabetes. Type II diabetes usually happens to people who are above the age of 40. This type of diabetes is caused due to insulin resistance. In this case, the pancreas produces insulin but the body is not able to respond to it properly. There can be many reasons behind type II diabetes. Some of the reasons can be being overweight, high blood pressure, having a poor diet, taking too much stress, hormone imbalance, certain medications and leading a sedentary lifestyle. Though type II diabetes can be reversed.
Patients with a form of diabetes due to pancreatic dysfunction are commonly misdiagnosed as having type 2 diabetes, resulting in poor glycemic control and suboptimal care, the first large-scale analysis of this underrecognized form of the disease indicates.
Diabetes of the exocrine pancreas, also known as type 3c diabetes, arises when pancreatic inflammation, neoplasia, or resection results in beta-cell dysfunction, affecting the production of insulin.
Be bold but not careless :
Careful planning and preparation are the key when undertaking any adventurous activity. Patients with type 1 diabetes must ensure they have their diabetes kit at all times. They must eat all their meals on time, and hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) episodes can be prevented if patients monitor their blood sugar at least seven times a day and adjust their insulin dosage or food intake accordingly.
Dos and don’ts for diabetics:
Experts recommend making a detailed list of all that you need in your diabetes kit. You’ll need insulin with syringes or an insulin pen, a snack, a glucometer, and strips. Make sure you clearly label everything in the kit.
As it occurs in individuals of a similar age group, type 3c diabetes may be misdiagnosed as type 2 diabetes. Those with type 3c diabetes require insulin therapy more urgently than those with type 2, so the consequence of this misdiagnosis are delays in delivering appropriate treatment, which can lead to nerve, eye, and kidney damage, say the authors of the new study, led by Dr Chris Wood mansey of the University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom, and colleagues, which was published online in Diabetes Care on October 23.
Wear comfortable shoes during the trek and always go with a trekking group where your guide and at least one team member is familiar with what to do in case of an emergency, such as a hypoglycaemic episode
You should also remember to not depend on finding a store along the way to buy a snack. Pack everything you may need in your kit ahead of time. Do not depend on symptoms to tell you if your sugar level is higher or lower than it should be. It is imperative that you use a glucometre to monitor your sugar to decide whether you need to take an additional dose of insulin or have a snack.
People with diabetes have high blood glucose, also known as high blood sugar or hyperglycemia.
What not to eat:
1. Refined sugar – We all know that sugar, until it is in its most natural form, is bad for people suffering from diabetes.
2. Alcohol – Alcohol consumption is directly related to diabetes. Alcohol not only damages your liver but also attacks the pancreas that produces insulin.
3. GMO foods – GMO foods have the capability to promote diabetes along with causing liver and kidney diseases.
4. Whole grains – Grains that have gluten in them should be avoided. Gluten is associated with diabetes as its intake can cause leaky gut leading to inflammation which in turn can lead to auto immune diseases.
What To Eat:
Bitter gourd, also known as bitter melon, can be helpful for controlling diabetes due to its blood glucose lowering effects. It tends to influence the glucose metabolism all over your body rather than a particular organ or tissue.
Jamun and its leaves have proven to be helpful in lowering the blood sugar levels. Consuming approximately 100 grams of Jamun every day is said to show tremendous improvement in your blood sugar levels.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Indian gooseberry, also known as Amla, is rich in vitamin C and Indian gooseberry juice promotes proper functioning of your pancreas.Take two to three Indian gooseberries, remove the seeds and grind it into a fine paste. Put the paste in a cloth and squeeze out the juice. Mix two tablespoon of the juice in one cup of water and drink it daily on an empty stomach.
Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice in a cup of bitter gourd juice and drink it daily for a few months.
When setting off on any trek, make sure you carry a diabetes kit containing the following:
•Glucose tablets (Hypotabs)
•Food and water
•Insulin, preferably in a coolant
•A glucometer and adequate strips
•Identity card along with emergency contact numbers and instructions
•A basic medical kit to treat injuries, fevers or vomiting.
Skin warts are common, and there are many treatments. If home remedies for warts don’t work, you can try over-the-counter wart removers. If your warts still don’t disappear, you can turn to treatment by a doctor, who can freeze or cut off the wart.Pharmacies sell numerous wart and verruca cures including liquid nitrogen spray and liquid and plasters containing salicylic acid, which has a peeling effect. (All wart treatments can be harsh, so follow label directions to the letter). But pharmaceutical approaches are only the tip of the iceberg.
These most often occur on the hands, and are rough, dome-shaped, and gray-brown.
Plantar warts: These grow on the soles of the feet and are hard and thick with dark specks. They can be painful when you walk.
Flat warts: These can grow on the face, arms, and legs. They’re small, have flat tops, and may be light yellow, brown, or pink.
Filiform warts: These can grow on the face, usually around the mouth, nose, or chin. They are the same color as the skin, but they have thread-like growths sticking out of them.
Periungual warts: These occur under and around the fingernails and toenails.
Call the Doctor
If you have a skin lesion and you are not sure whether or not it is a wart, call your family doctor. You want to rule out skin cancer and remember don’t use your wart remedies on a corn, callus or mole. If you or your partner has genital warts, use condoms and make sure have regular cervical smears.
• Cover the wart with a small piece of duct tape. According to a recent study, duct tape works even better against warts than cryotherapy (using liquid nitrogen to freeze them off). Cut a piece that will just cover the wart. Stick it on and leave it there for six days. When you take the tape off, soak the area in water for a few minutes then use an emery board or pumice stone of file down the dead, thick skin. Leave the wart uncovered overnight and apply a new patch in the morning. Repeat the procedure until you’re wart free. It seems that the mild skin irritation the duct tape causes spurs your immune system to fight off the wart virus once and for all.
• Apply freshly crushed garlic directly to the wart and cover with a bandage. The caustic effect of the garlic will cause the wart to blister and fall off in as little as a week. Apply new garlic every day, avoiding contact with healthy surroundings skin. (Protecting the area around the wart with petroleum jelly can help). For an added effect some herbalists suggest eating raw garlic or taking 3 garlic capsules a day to help the immune system fight the virus.
• Apply a compress or cotton ball soaked in vinegar and tape it down on the wart with an elastic sticking plaster for at least 1 or 2 hours a day.
• Certain enzymes found in dandelions help in getting rid of warts and prevent them from recurring in future. But it is important to choose the dandelions which are turning yellow and apply the milk of the flower on the warts.
Break the stem of a dandelion and squeeze out some of the liquid from the stem and apply it directly on the wart. Wrap it up with a clean bandage. Repeat this method 2 times a day daily till the wart is removed completely.
• Vitamin C is highly acidic in nature and hence can help wear the wart away and also fight the virus itself.
Crush two or three vitamin C tablets in a bowl and add a little water and mix it to form a paste.Now rub this paste on your warts and cover the area with a bandage. Initially it will cause some burning sensation, but slowly it goes away.
• If you can peel a little piece of bark from a birch tree, dampen it with water and tape it over your wart with the inner side of the bark facing your skin. The bark contains salicylates which are also found in many over the counter wart treatments.
• Tape a piece of banana skin, inner side down over a verruca every night before you go to bed. The skin contains a chemical that slowly dissolves the wart. Do the same with a piece of lemon peel. An oil in the peel seems to discourage warts.
• Papaya contains an enzyme that digests dead tissue. Make shallow cuts on the surface of an unripe papaya, collect the sap that runs out and let it coagulate. Mix the thickened sap with water then apply morning and night.
• Raw potato is a good natural wart removal solution. It is an age-old folk remedy that has been used by people for centuries, and it shows prompt results, so is worth a try. Peel a potato and cut off a round slice from it. Rub the potato slice on the wart for 5 minutes. Repeat this remedy 3 times a day till the wart is gone.
• Crush a fresh basil leaf and tape it over your wart with waterproof adhesive tape. Basil leaves contain virus killing compounds. Replace with fresh basil daily for up to a week.
• Aloe vera Fresh from the actual plant is best. Break off a leaf and rub the gel onto the wart. Aloe contains malic acid. If you don’t have the plant, get the purest form of aloe you can find. Cover after each application. Repeat once a day. Some people report success with this remedy, perhaps because of the malic acid in aloe vera gel.
• You should Wear sandals or flip flops around swimming pools and in changing rooms. Wart viruses tend to thrive in warm, moist environments.
• Don’t scratch or pick at warts. You can transfer the virus when you scratch other areas of skin.
• After a shower or bath dry a wart on your hand thoroughly after washing so as to reduce the chance of the virus spreading to someone else. If the warts is wet it seems to be more contagious.
SHOULD TO KNOW
If you have a wart, it means a virus known human papilloma virus (HPV) has invaded a tiny cut in the skin. HPV is really an umbrella term for many strains of a virus that can show up all over the body.Generally the wart appears as a pale skin growth with a rough surface. Verrucas or plantar warts which grow on the soles of the feet which can be so painful during walking and difficult to walk. Genital warts are very contagious and can increase the risk of cervical cancer.
A liquid extract made from an American plant(Hamamelis virginiana) it is used externally to calm itching,although forked hazel branches were used by ‘witchers’ to find the underground water an are still valued by dowers today.The witch hazel name come from the Middle word wych ,which means pliable.The wood is so springy that Native American once used it to make bows.
The active ingredients present in witch hazel is tannin,a chemical compound with astringent properties:it tighten skin pore much as skin tone do.Tannin also shrinks blood vessels and can reduce the blood from bleeding from shaving nicks and also minor wounds and cuts.
Because of its tannin’s,once it was taken internally to cure diarrhea. But the distilled preparation sold as witch hazel or hamamelis water in pharmacies today is a different remedy altogether.It was manufactured by steeping method but later it switched to steam distillation process.The new method was very efficient,but there was a problem high heat during steaming which devoid witch hazel from tannin.Its mildly astringent action comes from its alcohol content present in it.However you can buy proper herbal witch hazel preparation including liquid extract,dried leaf or tincture.
It also a good ingredient in many skin care products.
The witch hazel sold in pharmacies has a common with traditional remedy,the alcohol content which makes it safe and effective.
Dab on a little of it to disinfect the cut and slow down bleeding(Don’t use witch hazel on serious cuts: alcohol may increase skin damage.Even if you haven’t cut yourself witch hazel leaves your skin feeling softener soothed when used as an aftershave.
Soak a cotton wool ball in witch hazel and dab it onto your face to remove the oil present on face,to tighten the pore and also increase the skin tone.It is also a good ingredients in many skin care products.
As a mild astringent,witch hazel is useful for sunburn,skin inflammation and insect bite.In the summer keep it in fridge so that it’s cool-and all the more soothing-when you apply it to sunburn skin.
Mix it with rosewater and geranium as a soothing spray or lotion for skin condition.
It can help you to clean your face. It is super easy and effective. It works great as a natural cleanser. It will help you remove the impurities that normally face washes leave behind.Take a cotton swab and put witch hazel on it. Gently wipe this over face. It will remove your makeup, leftover dirt and oil.
Apply the tincture of witch hazel to your bruises and sprain it relief you.
Pour the some witch hazel on a cotton ball and apply it on your tender area.The tannin will shrinks the blood vessel and the liquid will provide soothing and a cooling sensation as it evaporate.It has a ingredient in preparation H and several other to counter the hemorrhoid.
Fade Bruises and Blemishes:
It may also be used to treat blemishes already present on the face or other areas of the body. Apply witch hazel with a cotton ball or cosmetic pad to reduce irritation and appearance of acne or other inflammatory skin conditions. Witch hazel applied to bruises can also help to fade discoloration and speed up the healing process of any underlying damage.
Use a weak infusion as a mouthwash.It have been shown to inhibit oral bacteria and may be useful for treating periodontal disease.Swish it round and split it out don’t swallow.
It contain the anti-inflammatory,hydrating and anti-bacterial effect make s it useful for treating the intertrigo and some other form of dermatitis. Apply it to affected are with a soft cotton ball or a soft cloth.
For both men and women, it is a great follow-up to shaving any part of the body. Not only will it stop bleeding from nicks or cuts, anti-inflammatory witch hazel can also work to prevent razor burn. Furthermore, those who employ hot wax treatments for hair-removal may also apply witch hazel as an anti-inflammatory post-waxing or use it to stop bleeding from damaged hair follicles.
Its anti-inflammatory properties make witch hazel a good after sun soother.Because one of its constituents tannin,is tough to protect from UV radiation it has been used as an ingredient in some lotion.
Protect Your Mouth, Lips and Gums:
If you have blisters on your lips, inner cheeks or gums, turn to witch hazel to speed healing and get rid of pain and swelling. It’s safe to apply witch hazel extract to the inside of your mouth to slow down bleeding, blisters, sores, bad breath odors and infections of the gums, especially when combined with other healing oils like coconut oil or peppermint oil.
The time of year people get to enjoy warm weather, blue skies, swimming, fishing, picnics with friends and family, and many other outdoor activities. But it’s also the time of year when sunburn can become a problem.
Sunburn is caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Too much exposure to UV light can damage your skin, making it red and painful.
The symptoms may not occur immediately; it can take up to five hours for sunburn to appear. If not treated timely, the burn can lead to peeling or blistering skin. Sunburn also doubles the risk of developing melanoma, a deadly form of skin cancer.
Cool it Down:
• The most important treatment for sunburn is to cool it down, so take cooling measures before you try anything else. Soak any sunburned areas in cold water or with cold compresses for 15 minutes. The cold reduces swelling and wicks away heat from your skin.
• If you’re burned all over take a soak in a cool bath to which you’ve added oatmeal. You can either buy a colloidal oatmeal product such as Aveeno which remains in suspension in the bathwater or finely grind a cup of oats in a food processor and add it to your bath.
•Black tea is full of antioxidants that are very beneficial for treating irritated and sunburned skin. Tea has tannin that help protect the skin from UV radiation damage and reduce inflammation. It also aids in restoring the skin’s pH balance. • Use the cooling aromatic qualities of peppermint to soothe the scorch of sunburn. Either make peppermint tea or mix 2 drops of peppermint oil with a cup of lukewarm water. Chill the concoction and gently bathe the sunburned area using a soft cloth.
Sunburn is the bane of summertime, thwarting tans and forcing people to cover up. It can happen at any time of the year though, because it is the expose to the ultra-violet rays of the sun that cause it. When you’re getting bombarded with UV light, your exposed skin ups its production of melanin. Melanin is the dark pigment in the top layer of your skin (the epidermis) that gives it its color, and also determines how tan you can get. Upping the production of melanin is the bodies’ way of protecting the deeper layers of the skin, and the tan acts as a shield against UV light.
• If you are feeling more pain in sunburn spot, make a paste of aloe vera and rub it with cucumber or potato.They contain compounds that cool down the burn and also reduce the swelling.
• Vinegar is soothing too. It can help to ease sunburn pain, itching and inflammation. Soak a few sheets of kitchen paper in white vinegar or cider vinegar and lay them on the sunburn areas. Leave them on until the paper is dry. Repeat this treatment as often as you like.
• Break open a vitamin E capsule and apply it to the skin.
Apply a Coating On Skin:
• Coat your sunburn with a paste made of barley, turmeric and yogurt (using equal amounts of each).
• Wipe sore pink skin with ordinary cooled tea.
• Apply a mix egg white, honey and witch hazel (or any of these alone).
• The gel of the aloe vera plant has remarkable cooling and soothing properties that help provide instant relief from the pain and irritation caused by sunburn. Studies also prove that aloe vera accelerates skin healing. Aloe vera gel is also known to have a moisturizing effect on the skin.
• Try applying an ointment containing St John’s wort as a burn balm the herb has antiseptic and painkilling properties and was used for centuries to heal wounds and burns. If you take the herb internally, however, you must stay out of the sun, as the herb makes skin more sensitive to damaging rays.
• Between 11am and 3pm limit your exposure to the sun. this is when the sun’s rays are at their strongest.
• If you burn easily or have been diagnosed with skin cancer in the past, take no chances. Cover up in the sun. That means long trousers, long sleeves, a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses.
Call the doctor?
Call a doctor (or an ambulance) at once if a person affected by sunburn is confused or disorientated or too weak to stand. Call a doctor too if they have very large blisters (more than 1.5cm across) or signs of infection in affected skin, such as pus, red streaks or increasing tenderness.
How do you measure happiness?After all what makes someone happy say having a house full of five year old for the weekend-can make another person miserable.Despite the fact that scientists have been grappling with the concept of happiness for centuries and tons of data exist on the happiness theories,there is no such thing as a happiness barometer.
Happiness is a subjective phenomenon. However there’s one discovery that may surprise you:Despite the notion that we don’t like getting older,studies show that we actually get happier as we age.The concept of happiness holds many surprise.So let’s take at some of these behaviors that stand between us and happiness and what we can do about them.
How bad a bad attitude be for your longevity and health? Very bad.Evidence showed that the anger explosive fallout is more dangerous than the smoking on our heart.
If you are feeling anger,there is a serious chemical reaction going on in your body which you can not feel.
When you over react,so do your stress hormone known cortisol and epinephrine which causes fatty acid level in blood to surge and also increase the glucose level in the blood this process in known as sludging and it can block off hundreds of tiny blood vessel for about 12 hours in a signal anger outburst.This is how a heart attack triggers.
So if you are angry you can;t find happiness unless you learn to swallow hostility and smile.
There are few better antidotes to unhappiness, make friends and talk with your friend about new things and also make a special friends who care about you.
There are times when things are under our skin to point we want to explode. Whether you shout it out or quietly. Both the extreme are equality risky and may affect your heart in negative way.The easiest way to deal with this situation that really get your goat is to take the middle ground.Get it out but in an appropriate way calmly and polity.
Give a solution to situation and address the problems not the person creating problem.
It will be good to count or say something when you are anger it may calm you.
Holding a grudge is very hard for your health.Studies show that it create stress which is equal to a major event,such death in family.It is bed for psyche and may lead to unhappiness.And what is the point?the person affecting the most is you.There is no grudge worth dying over.
If you tether your happiness to feeling superior to others, you’ll be frustrated a lot of the time. Even if you think you’re doing better than your peers, sooner or later someone will overtake you. If not, age will catch up. Comparisons can be tempting – we use them as a way to try to motivate ourselves; one way to fool ourselves about succeeding is to think, “I’ll be the best in the world, in my class, in my office.” But you’ll find the goalposts will constantly change and, in the end, you can never win.
Forgiveness doesn’t mean you have to forgive.Forgive for your own sake,if not for the sake of others.It will releases stress gives you feeling of happiness.
LAUGH AT YOURSELF:
Don’t angry with yourself if something happens wrong or stupid, admitting and accepting your faults will change your point of view and will give you happiness.
Don’t Be Unhappy About Being Unhappy:
Never mind if you are unhappy for a little while, so what? If you think I should never be unhappy, then that becomes a cause of unhappiness.
SURPRISE SOMEONE WITH KINDNESS:
If you are the recipient of anger,surprise your assail-er with kindness.The cashier who respond to the impatient customer,have a nice day, sir,” said without anger,not only deflects an angry reaction but will likely get a lot of smile from others in line.Everyone benefits.
DO SOMETHING NEW: Challenge and novelty are key elements of happiness. The brain is stimulated by surprise, and successfully dealing with an unexpected situation gives a powerful sense of satisfaction. People who do new things―learn a game, travel to unfamiliar places―are happier than people who stick to familiar activities that they already do well.
SLEEP WELL: You’ll Be Less Sensitive to Negative Emotions.We know that sleep helps our body recover from the day and repair itself and that it helps us focus and be more productive. It turns out sleep is also important for happiness.